Perilla frutescens supplement
Perilla extract has been shown in clinical trials to have beneficial effects in the treatment of some allergies, such as hay fever and atopic dermatitis apparently without side effects. The use of Perilla extract is recommended to start approximately two weeks before the pollen season or when the first symptoms appear. Allermin also helps to relieve the allergic reactions caused by room dust, pollen and fungus spores etc. Some studies also shows that Perilla frutenscnes possess anti-inflammatory properties.
Ingredients in daily dosage (1-3 caps.):
|Magnesium stearate E 460|
|Dried perilla leaves extract (Perilla frutescens)||150 - 450 mg|
|containing 8 -24 g fresh perilla leaves|
|Gelatin (capsule shell)|
|Color E 171 (capsule shell)|
Capsules: One tablet in the morning and one in the evening when needed. The dosage can be increased to 3 capsules per day.
Extract: Internally 30 drops 2 times per day as such or mixed with water. Externally few drops on skin.
Contains no lactose, gluten, sweeteners or yeast.
72 capsules / 30 g
1. Effects of volatile constituents of a rosemary extract on allergic airway inflammation related to house dust mite allergen in mice.
Inoue K et al
Int J Mol Med. 2005 Aug;16(2):315-9.
2. Rosmarinic acid in perilla extract inhibits allergic inflammation induced by mite allergen, in a mouse model.
Sanbongi C, Takano H, Osakabe N, Sasa N, Natsume M, Yanagisawa R, Inoue KI, Sadakane K, Ichinose T, Yoshikawa T.
Clin Exp Allergy. 2004 Jun;34(6):971-7.
3. Extract of Perilla frutescens enriched for rosmarinic acid, a polyphenolic phytochemical, inhibits seasonal allergic rhinoconjunctivitis in humans.
Takano H, Osakabe N, Sanbongi C, Yanagisawa R, Inoue K, Yasuda A, Natsume M, Baba S, Ichiishi E, Yoshikawa T.
Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2004 Mar;229(3):247-54.
4. Anti-allergic effect of Perilla frutescens and its active constituents.
Makino T, Furuta Y, Wakushima H, Fujii H, Saito K, Kano Y.
Phytother Res 2003 Mar;17(3):240-3
5. Luteolin as an anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic constituent of Perilla frutescens.
Ueda H, Yamazaki C, Yamazaki M.
Biol Pharm Bull 2002 Sep;25(9):1197-202
6. Effect of oral treatment of Perilla frutescens and its constituents on type-I allergy in mice.
Makino T, Furuta A, Fujii H, Nakagawa T, Wakushima H, Saito K, Kano Y.
Biol Pharm Bull 2001 Oct;24(10):1206-9
7. Anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic actions by oral administration of a perilla leaf extract in mice.
Ueda H, Yamazaki M.
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 2001 Jul;65(7):1673-5
8. PERILLA---The Genus Perilla
Edited by Yu Heci, Kenichi Kosuna and Megumi Haga (published in 1997 by Harwood Academic Publishers, reprinted in 2004 by Taylor & Francis Group), click the right Cover page for more detail on this book.
This book is one of the Monographs listed in TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration, Australia)-approved texts for "Guidelines for levels and kinds of evidence to support indications and claims, for non-registerable medicines, including complementary medicines, October, 2001" ( page.31)